7.21.2012

Going Paleo


 {This is a meatball recipe from Sarah Fragoso's blog, and it is one of my favorite paleo meals!}

I apologize for my lack of posts recently, but there hasn't been anything particularly "blog-worthy" going on in the past few weeks. However, I felt I should briefly share a decision I made at the end of June, and that decision was to begin eating paleo again. What is a paleo lifestyle? I am not going to attempt to tackle that question; instead, here are some resources and people in the paleo community who can better describe it: Robb Wolf & Sarah Fragoso)  

Joe and I tried eating this way in January, but we would revert to our old eating habits at least once a week. This time around I want to stick to it. Since July 1st, my eating habits have been clean, and I want to to keep it up through the end of the month. Do I want to keep going afterwards? Of course, but I plan to allow myself an indulgence here and there. 

Why have I decided to eat this way? I basically just want to eat healthier; I want to eat purposefully. I want to know that what I am eating is actually nutritious and not over processed. Because I try to consume as many fruits and vegetables as I can with my protein, I find myself at the grocery store about 2x a week. And though that isn't ideal, it shows me that I'm eating more fruits and vegetables than ever before, and that is awesome! 

Since I started eating this way, I would often ask myself "Is this paleo?" But after doing some research, I've learned that I have been asking the wrong question. In order to successfully eat this way, I should be asking, "Is this going to have a harmful effect on my health?" Ultimately, a paleo lifestyle isn't about how well you stay within the parameters; rather, it is about how deliberate you are in your food choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment