5.21.2012

Flea Market Find

{If only I had a real reason to purchase this beauty.}

My dad loooves going to yard sales on Saturday mornings. He has quite a collection of bicycles and guitars, and a few of the decorative pieces we incorporated into our home came from yard sales that my dad went to. 
I had been to Long Beach Antique Flea Market once before, and this month I told my dad I wanted to take him in case he'd run into something he liked. My oldest sister also joined us, and she left with two bracelets. My dad didn't buy anything, but he enjoyed looking around. I took a few pictures of some cool items I saw, but the highlight was the 90 year old Singer sewing machine I left with for... are you ready... $60!!. I've been looking for one at an affordable price as a keepsake since my grandmother had one in Mexico, and my mom learned to sew on a similar one. 

{I love Ernest Hemingway. He is one of my favorite authors.}

{Have you read or watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly? If not, you should. It is a moving true  story about the Editor of Elle Magazine who suffers from a stroke and is almost totally paralyzed. This old Navy diving helmet reminds me of a few scenes from the film.}

 {I think old school gumball machines are the cutest.}

{There were tons of chandeliers.}

{The helmet on the left reminds me of an Ironman helmet.}

{Bringing it home.}

{I love the details on the machine. It's beautiful.}

{Zoe scoping our the sewing machine in its new home.}



No comments:

Post a Comment