6.02.2012

Summer Reading List


Like so many people out there, I too make a summer reading list. The books I intend to read are not always a reflection of the books that I actually end up reading. With that said, one book I intend to read and will actually read (but not in its entirety) is the Bible. Some of our friends and Joe & I have been doing a daily devotional where the goal is to read the Bible in a year. We started in April, and it has been awesome so far. Because I will not read it completely over the course of the summer, I am only going to include the titles of books that I plan to read from beginning to end of my list. 

There are so many classics that I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't read, and there are tons of new(er) titles that I can't wait to read. In an effort to reconcile the many different ways that my literary heart is being pulled, I have decided to make a list, which combines books from different genres and eras. 

1. Catcher in the Rye 
2. Always Running
3. Crazy/Love
4. In the Garden of Beasts (This author also wrote The Devil in the White City, which is AMAZING!)
5. Animal Farm
6. The Great Gatsby (This is a reread because I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have when I was 17.)

While we're talking about summer reading, check out this new young adult fiction series available in paperback or for the Kindle...

I'll be posting more about the series and my connection to the author in the next week, so be sure to check back.

Do you have a reading list this summer?

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye and I think you will enjoy reading it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taking me a bit to get into it, but I think I'll like it too :)

      Delete
  2. I want to join your Summer reading... they are actually all books I have been wanting to read (or re-read) too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Mikey has agreed to join our book club... it can be a monthly thing.

      Delete